Our Guest Feedback
We welcome guests from all over the country, and indeed from other parts of the world too. We have catered for all ages from young babies, to people in their 90’s. On this page we have copied extracts from our cottage guestbook reflecting their feedback left to us.
- 30/10/16 Sheffield: Lovely cottage, great holiday.
- 21/10/16 Hull: Lovely warm cottage, very comfy here! Have had a great weekend, would certainly return!
- 16/10/16 Leicester: Second time here – and the first holiday with baby …..Great cottage, perfect for us. The bakewell tart from the butchers down the road are superb! Thank you.
- 26/8/16 Rotherham: Once again a great stay in your lovely cottage…lovely lunches at the Riverside cafe in ‘Perry’s’ garden centre.
- 22/8/16 Rotherham: I particularly like the comfy chairs in the dining room…it is a perfect place to sit/eat/watch netflix/youtube (as I am 13) so thankyou for adding those as they were not here last year.
- 13/8/16 Suffolk: Another great stay in the cottage, ideal location for exploring the area, hope to return soon.
- 4/6/16 Stoke-on-Trent + Befordshire: We have enjoyed our stay in this lovely cottage. It has everything you need for a great holiday. It is very clean warm and comfortable. The children thought the bunk beds were great fun. Although it was misty most days it didnt spoil our holiday. We hope to be back.
- 7/4/16 Gateshead: Thank you for a lovely stay in a lovely cottage. Beautiful location with lots to do. We have enjoyed Whitby, Scarborough, Helmsley and perhaps our highlight a trip on the North Yorks steam railway. Lovely food at the Plough. The children enjoyed the local park and watching the local birds and wildlife pass through the garden. We very much hope to be back :-).
- 30/10/15 Lancashire: Had a fabulous long weekend in this beautiful and very well kept and equipped cottage. Great location and had great weather. Will be back.
- 26/10/15 Liverpool: Had a superb stay in a beautiful, clean and comfortable home…Can recommend the Plough pub uop the road for good food and atmosphere.
- 28/9/15 N Lincolnshire: We’ve had amazing weather, beautiful walks & enjoyed staying at Rowan Cottage. It’s cosy, spacious and well placed for local buses. Didnt use the car!
- 27/9/15 York: Thanks for a super stay. We had a great day in Whitby with yummy fish and chips (gluten free too) at the Quayside. The local park is great fun…The cottage is wonderful with everything we needed.
- 12/9/15 Lincoln: ‘Wow’ what a beautiful cottage with stunning views, the best we have ever stayed in. Really enjoyed our stay in Yorkshire lots of great walks.
- 15/8/15 Cramlington: Lovely 1st stay at Rowan Cottage -weather good all week except last day 🙁 viisted RWB, Whitby, Sandsend (gorgeous), Scarborough, choo choo to Goathland, nice pub grub at Plough Inn up the road – rainy afternoon spent in Mini Monsters which is next to Model Railway village…thank you Vivienne for having the forethought re stair gates – life saver 🙂
- 8/8/15 Macclesfield: Another fab week staying at Rowan Cottage help by wall to wall sunshine every day! Some great trips out, beach time at our favourite beach Sandsend…Sad to leave one of our favourite places to be together as a family.
- 1/8/15 Davaar, Bogmoor, Speybay, Moray, Scotland: Busy stay in a wonderful area. Home from home accomodation ideal for all our family needs. So many places to visit Ruswarp, NYMR, York chocolate story, Whitby beach, Goathland, Scarborough and even feeding the local farmers lambs!
- 25/7/15 Rotherham / Immenchenheim-Germany: Another nice stay at Viviennes. Plough Inn great quiz tuesday night followed by free sandwiches and chips…Great walk down to garden centre and cafe on the riverbank. Buses to Whitby and then onto Scarborough, Staithes, Middlesborough etc. On the other side of the road buses to Pickering, Goatland & Leeds. Great especially if OAP’s.
- 18/7/15 Wapping, London: Beautiful holiday again – thankyou for having us for our 30th anniversary inc. our holidays in the NYM. This is the nicest place we’ve ever stayed. We even managed to find a few places we’ve never visited before.
- 29/5/15 South Yorkshire: Lovely stay yet again – sunny but a bit cool. Thank you for a very comfortable accomodation. We look forward to seeing you all again.
- 30/4/15 Beverley: This is our third visit. The standard is as high as every with every facility provided. We enjoyed the Tour de Yorkshire cycle race on Friday. Look forward to coming again.
- 11/4/15 Derbyshire: Has a lovely time – excellent location – very comfy accomodation – all the little extras make it very welcoming. Thank you.
- 2/11/14 Sheffield: A wonderful cottage with everything you could possibly need – home from home! Ideally placed for Whitby and surrounding area. NYMR a must had an excellent day on the train and visiting Pickering. We hope to be back soon. Thankyou.
- 10/14 Lincoln: Lovely stay yet again!! Many thanks. Flowers are always wonderful. Hope to be back soon. Thank you from us all.
- 29/9/14 Wakefield: What can we way!! Wonderful hospitality, wonderful location and wonderful cottage – all meant we had simply a wonderful time!! Everything you could possibly need in this beautiful cottage, at the centre of this beautiful area. We’ll be back! – several times!
- 6/9/14 Kent: Thank you Vivienne for the use of your lovely house, warm & comfortable, full of light & everything we could possibly need. Our first visit to this part of the country & we have been impressed how beautiful it is and so well cared for. We have enjoyed Whitby beach walking to sands end, Whitby Museum & art gallery in Pannett Park – well worth a visit…
- 6/9/14 Oxfordshire: ..a great week in a wonderful area and a stay in a well equipped and looked after property. Thank you.
- 5/9/14 Oxfordshire: Cant add any more to the eulogies about Rowan Cottage we have thoroughly enjoyed staying here. We’ve loved the area – and the weather! More to do & see than we’ve had time for.
- 30/8/14 South Yorkshire: Thank you once again for a very comfortable holiday in this cottage, its like home from home. Has a lovely week, weather quite good, a little cold but able to do things we wanted. Thanks again look forward to seeing you next year.
- 23/8/14 London: Our 4th visit here & Rowan Cottage just gets better. Such a lovely spot, so near facilities too…Enjoyed Sleights show, although its hardly a patch on Danby & Egton shows! Recommed both the Horseshoes at Egton & Egton Bridge, also tried the Fox & Rabbit near Lockton for first time – great atmosphere & food. Thanks so much & look forward to coming next year!
- 19/7/14 East Yorkshire: Our 1st visit to Rowan Cottage and we love it! It is ideally suited for both the countryside and the coast. Had a lovely day at Dalby Forest. Did a walk around Littlebeck and Falling Foss, a walk from Grosmont – Goathland then the train back, a walk around Mallyan Spout and day in Whitby playing on the sands at Sandsend and time in Staithes. There is so much you can do from here…Thanks Vivienne this is one cottage we will remember for the future.
- 11/7/14 Castleford: Our third visit to Rowan Cottage, a wonderful clean comfortable and friendly house, excellent location for touring the area. Hope to be back again soon, thanks again.
- 5/7/14 Co Armagh: Had a lovely relaxing holiday, great visits to the beach and a magical day at Castle Howard…Thanks again for such clean and thoughtful accomodation & equipment. There really is everything you could ever need.
- 5/7/14 Northern Ireland Once again, another lovely holiday. Thank you for the spotless accommodation in such a friendly house. We just love coming here and to beautiful Yorkshire. Had a lovely relaxing holiday.
- 6/6/14 Derby A very well equipped and comfortable holiday cottage. We could not have asked for more and are already talking about returning with a friend. Sleights is quite charming – with very friendly people in the shops and at The Plough. It is an ideal base for touring this area.
- 25/5/14 Rotherham Very comfortable break as usual, like home from home. Love coming back.
- 17/5/14 Surrey: A really well appointed holiday home with everything needed for a comfortable stay. Well located for visiting and walking the countryside and coast. Thank you we have had a lovely week.
- 2/5/14 Leeds: Attention to detail and home comforts at Rowan Cottage have helped make this a really lovely holiday. Many thanks.
- 24/3/14 Ayr: A very comfortable home from home. It been great being back in Sleights. Cottage has everything you need and beautiful views. We’ve had a fantastic short break. thankyou!
- 16/3/14 Manchester: Another fantastic week in Sleught – after four months of non-stop rain in Manchester, what a blessing to have a week of sunshine!! Rowan Cottage feels like a true home away from home and we really love coming back here! Thank you Vivienne: See you again soon.
- 20/2/14 Manchester: Had a lovely few days in his lovely holiday cottage. We spent a day ambling around Whitby including Magpie fish and chips – well worth queuing for. Then a train ride to Pickering on the old steam train; and finally a wander around Robin Hood’s bay (which is gorgeous) and a drive through Dalby Forest. This holiday home is a really nice place to come back to after a hard day’s sightseeing -so thank you Viv.
- 19/2/14 Macclesfield: Once again sad to be leaving Rowan Cottage after our 4th visit! Jacob’s first visit to Whitby Abbey, he enjoyed the audio tour gadget & the Horrible Histories event. Good day out in York at Jorvik centre & York Chocolate Story which is highly recommended for anyone with Children or without! Lots of free choccy samples on guided tour plus hands on activities…Thank Viv for loan of your lovely cottage, we’ll see you soon.
- 3/1/14 Sheringham: Here yet again and lovely as ever, love your cottage and always so much to do and see here, thanks Viv.