Fair Trade Outlets Near Rowan Cottage
All the details below come recommended to us from the Scarborough Fair Trade organisation, which covers the Whitby area. For full details see their website www.fairtradescarborough.org
- The Chocolate Box, 3 Golden Lion Bank, Whitby,Fair trade chocolate.
- Whitby Coop– Next to the station and main Whitby carp parks. The Co-op stocks many fair trade products. It has its own dedicated carpark – although you need to get your reciept stamped.
- Coliseum Cafe – Victoria Square, Whitby YO21 1EA
Also offers internet and WiFi access and films for the family at certain times.
- Abbey Tearooms -Abbey House YHA, East Cliff, Whitby
- The Courtyard Crêperie, – 1 Skinner St., Whitby
- Arnie’s – 4 Market Place, Whitby (Bistro)
- Beckett’s – 9 Skinner Street, Whitby
- Carousel- 16 Pier Road, Whitby YO21 3PU
- Hippy Hippy Shake – 84 Church Street, Whitby YO22 4BM
- Doodle pots – Enjoy a fair trade coffee and let your imagination run riot. Paint a personal and lasting pottery memento of your time in Whitby. Great for wet days.
- Shambles- Market Place, Whitby
- Sneaton Castle Shop – Sneaton Castle, Whitby YO21 3QN Includes a Christian resource shop, and accommodation.
- Porthole – Port Hole Fairtrade shop 16 Skinner Street, Whitby YO21 3AJ
- First Season Healthfood Shop – 1 St. Anne’s Lane, Whitby
- Shepherd’s Purse Shop, 95 Church St., Whitby – Delicatessen and Cafe to the Rear
- Oxfam Shop – New Quay Road, Stock fair trade products
- LIDL Supermarket, Stakesby Road, Whitby Stock fair trade products
- Bar 7,Pier Road, Whitby – advertise fair trade tea and coffee
Locally Sourced Foods
For a more comprehensive list of local food outlets in North Yorkshire visit www.food-yorkshire.co.uk/– by entering the postcode YO22 5EZ they will generate a list in your locality.
Bothams Bakery Bothams can be found in the village, and in Whitby itself and offers locally baked produce.
Beacon Farm Icecreams On the road out of Ruswarp, pop in to the Beacon Farm icecream parlour and tea rooms.
Botton Camphill Community.Have a fair trade shop, as well as supplying some of their own home-grown produce, including dried herbs.
Radfords The butchers in Sleights sources local reared meat in their shop.